2017 is still a year of awkward forgettable to me. Last week I published a post of the haunting experience I had in 2017. Also, yesterday, I published Nollywood movies I missed out on seeing in the same 2017. but today I just wish to share you guys some of my favorite music album of 2017.
To be candid, many albums were released and many singles edified different minds and souls. But for me, my 2017 albums are majorly from American Rappers. One thing you might found difficult to believe about KennyJosh was that rap music is my best genre of music. I just love it, i don’t know the reason. It might be because of the embedded messages and motivational lyrics it involved. Besides, if the rap beat was dope, forget it wouldn’t be easy to obliterate from my head.
And, if i was talking about rap music not every one of them is good in term of motivational lyrics. Everyone has its own manipulation and favorite. but in 2017 some of my favorite rappers release a full-length album. And as usual, they didn’t disappoint.
Listed below are my favorite album from both Nigerian and American artistes
10) Sound From The Other Side: Wizkid promised to never disappoint us and yes he didn’t. 2017 is still yet unforgettable if I didn’t mention this intentional American only featured album by Nigerian young blood. Off the album, I like songs like Come closer, Daddy Yo, African bad Gyal.
9) Lagos Nawa: Olamide recent album allegedly meets low market. I believe if it was such a whole rap songs, it could have been most anticipated and lingered album on the airways until now. Just like his debut album, 2011 to his fifth album,2015 did in a succession. Besides, YBNL Boss Olamide had been basically disappointing fan since 2015, As he veered into a singer and started producing a solitary R&B songs. But notwithstanding, the album was still acceptable by his ardent fans. Which happened to include me. I love the album especially the songs produced by Pheelz.
Meanwhile, his song WO! was named the most googled song in Nigeria for 2017 in spite of the low sale the album met.
8) “27” : If we are talking about indigenous Yoruba rapper right now without mentioning Falz, it’s yet completed. Once Olamide has metamorphosed to a singer. Falz, Reminisce and others has basically taken charge of given us dire Yoruba rap song.
7) Simisola: Simi second album has topped many blog lists of best album of 2017. I love this album not because of anything but for her artistry: sensual voice, rhythm and songwriting. she promised for a good music and she fulfilled it. her song ‘Joromi’ shows her prowess, and it awesome.
8) All things work together: This Christian rap album by Popular American Rapper Lecrae. who’s one of the leading Christian rappers basically in the world. He gives a depiction of those who’re passing through depression, despair and chaos. He sets himself as an epitome, which was what he actually passed through in good 3 years. And overcame the challenges through God’s grace. The album title, “All things work together” was a reference of a bible verse: Roman 8:28. Songs like ‘I’ll find you’, ‘Worth it’, ‘Cry for you’, ‘Can’t stop me now’ off the album explicitly explain his intensional messages.
5)24k Magic: Bruno Mars’s “24k magic” and “that’s what I like” are my best song off this album. Besides, his artistry: voice, songwriting, video-making, make him my male favorite singer in America.
4)Reputation: Taylor Swift’ sixth studio album garnered a major waves internationally. she happened to be my first, female American singer on the account of her exceptional artistry: Catchy and sonorous voice, songwriting and stage performing. in fact most of her live performance I do watch on YouTube.
3) Dawn: Permit me to say this Kendrick Lamar’s album is one of the few best rap album in 2017 that’s still lingering until now. Kendrick has an exceptional styles for rap; he’s completely different from other rappers. Due to his manipulation to handle rap at any tempo. His song like ‘Humble’, ‘DNA’, ‘Loyalty’, ‘Love’ are my favorite off the album. Just give those songs a trial.
2)Revival: Eminem’s recent album instigated my interest because of nothing but his concern and grit toward his country revitalization. Anytime I listened to songs off the album, I just wish we could have some rappers like him in Nigeria. Rappers that would be more passionate about his country standardization. that would rap to berate those delinquent leaders we have. Meanwhile, Revival’s album has been named as one of the Major album that aim for country reawaken.
1) Ijele The Traveler: This album deserves this spot. This is my best musical album of 2017 as it shows the mixing of varies genre, from love song to worship, traditions, highlife beat. it was different from albums Flavour had recorded. Besides, recorded in both Igbo and English dialect. The most adorable and enormous song off the album was “Most High” featuring a cute blind Liberian boy, Semar G Weifur.
Check out the video for the song Here
Thank for reading. Any comment is accepted, head over to comment section and say something.